Role: Digital Strategist
Job Location: Vancouver, B.C. (Downtown)
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Pay: Competitive salary plus benefits and office perks
We’re one of North America’s top digital marketing firms, having managed over $1 Billion USD in advertising spend over the past 9 years. You may not realize it, but you’ve probably seen some of our work with startups, Fortune 500 companies, and companies of all sizes in between (Uber, AMER, Snapchat, Meetup, Earnest, Build-a-Bear, Asana, Square, Tempur-Sealy, Aritzia, Arc’teryx – to name a few!) Our mission is to grow your favourite companies, and as a result, we have developed a deep expertise in performance marketing, brand marketing, digital design and a scrappy approach to getting things done. Our culture is centered around creativity with data, technical expertise, providing a premium level of service, and managing our company differently than other agencies.
As a Digital Strategist at Thrive Digital, you will oversee and work alongside a team of specialists to provide world-class performance marketing services. You will work directly with your team to help them manage their most difficult projects, while being able to train and coach team members on projects which they’re capable of managing with autonomy.
While you continue to contribute to and directly work on projects at the company, you will also begin to take a people-oriented leadership role. This is one of the most critical responsibilities at the company, ensuring that our team members are properly mentored and supported is of the utmost importance. As such, your role with require both project excellence as well as an ability to effectively manage people.
- Ability to lead difficult projects and overcome challenges as they arise
- Ability to ask for and find support when needed, but to also successfully own all aspects of projects assigned to you and your team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and effectively manage shifting priorities
- Ability to have a positive impact on your peers in terms of career development and personal growth
- Ability to balance the successful training and progression of team members, with high project standards
- Ability to provide creative and novel solutions to challenging project and people issues
- Support or lead the execution of performance marketing campaigns
- Drive optimization and success of project growth
- Train, coach and support team members with their professional and personal development
- Monitor and manage your team’s overall workflow and capacity effectively
- Work with other leaders at Thrive to drive project growth and knowledge sharing
- Set a positive example for team members in terms of company culture and values
- Empower your team, providing autonomy and not micromanaging tasks which need little involvement
- Onboard and train new hires as they are assigned to your team
- Continuously have a pulse on professional development of team members, and work with Program Managers and Directors of Project Operations to facilitate any necessary changes
- Conduct and lead development check-ins of assigned team members
- Regularly share relevant information with senior leadership in a timely manner
- Work with Program Manager to promote team success and resolve issues
- 4+ Years managing and executing hands on fulfillment for enterprise level performance marketing programs, including channels such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads
- Proven experience providing progressive business insights to inform account strategy
- Proven experience driving sustainable project growth
- Ability to work collaboratively and come up with creative solutions
- Proven track record as a self-starter capable of working through ambiguity, roadblocks and high-pressure scenarios
- Deep knowledge of current tracking platforms and attribution methodology
- Experience using analytics or attribution platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, Mixpanel, Looker, Adjust, AppsFlyer, Kissmetrics or other analysis platforms.
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills so that you can mashup data yourself as necessary, and be able to tell a story with it focusing on key takeaways
- Experience leading A/B testing, landing page optimization and a range of other funnel refinement practices
- Experience using ad management platforms such as Kenshoo, Marin, Acquisio, DoubleClick for Search, Ad Espresso, etc.
- Ability to maintain composure in demanding situations
- First-class written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Team player!
Vacation + Time Off
- 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated based on your start date; renews on a calendar year)
- 4 paid Wellbeing Days per year (1 per quarter, to support proactive self care)
- Paid Sick/Personal Days (Unlimited, includes paid time off for mental health care, as well as religious holidays, cultural events and community celebrations)
- 10 Days Remote Leave Program (to work abroad)
In regards to our benefits package to employees, the following benefits are provided:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paramedical Insurance
- Disability Insurance (Short-Term / Long-Term)
- Travel Insurance
- $1,000 -$1,500 Health/Lifestyle Spending Account
- Parental Leave: Salary top-up, child care benefit, adoption contribution and family allowance
- Career Coaches
- Learning & Development Workshops
Please apply directly via our careers page here: https://thrivedigital.com/careers/?gh_jid=4219245002
None of the above?
Do you have a background or strength in math, statistics, computer science, web development, engineering or other sciences? If so we’d love to meet you and see if we can help you find an amazing career path.
We are an equal opportunity employer that deeply values a diverse community.
Thrive has a zero tolerance policy on bullying, discrimination and harassment of any kind against race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, ability status, family or parental status, age, or anything else that makes you uniquely you. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of this.
We translate this policy to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, performance management, training and development, compensation, benefits, and terminations.